Analysis & Research Modules
Descriptions of the various types of data and how you can use it to develop your business
GovTribe is a powerful tool in your business development arsenal, providing access to real-time, up-to-date data and information easily accessed, all in one place.
Certain items in GovTribe can be “Favorited” to keep it at your fingertips to make searching and filtering even more targeted and relevant to your needs.
The types of data you can explore in GovTribe are described here.
GovTribe aggregates all Federal contracts and grant opportunities into one easy-to-use tool. This very large, searchable database can be filtered to target opportunities specific to your business. Furthermore, GovTribe “learns” from your past awards and search behavior to suggest opportunities for you.
Search for opportunities in GovTribe that are relevant to your business, then add them as Pursuits. Create Tasks for your team, then monitor and manage your Pipeline through completion.
- Search 101 Tips for searching GovTribe, and how to use filters and advanced syntax to fine-tune your search results
- Saved Searches and Email Notifications How to set up saved searches to save time, and receive automatic update when new results are available
- Federal Contract Opportunities How to search for Federal Contract Opportunities, and an annotated view of a Federal Contract Opportunity Detail Page
- Federal Grant Opportunities How to search for Federal Grant Opportunities, and an annotated view of a Federal Grant Opportunity Detail Page
- Create a Pipeline for Pursuits Create Pipelines from a template; Create a custom Pipeline; deleting Pipelines; editing Stages; re-ordering Stages
- Find and Add Pursuits to Your Pipeline How to find Opportunities and add them to Pursuits to your Pipeline
- Create Tasks, Manage Files, & Collaborate with Your Team How to collaborate with teams using Tasks and Files to pursue contracts in your Pipeline
GovTribe also aggregates Federal Contract Awards, Contract IDV Awards, and Grant Awards so you can research past opportunities, who won them, who offered them, and more.
Search for and research Federal Contract Vehicles to view in-depth data about GSA (General Services Administration) Schedules, ID/IQ (Indefinite delivery / indefinite quantity) Contracts, and GWACs (government-wide acquisition contract).
Use this information to research a market segment, find information about currently active or upcoming expiring contracts or grants, or investigate competitors and incumbents.
- Federal Contract Awards How to search past Federal Contract Awards, and an annotated view of a Federal Contract Award Page
- Federal Contract IDV Awards How to search past Federal Contract IDV Awards, and an annotated view of a Federal Contract IDV Award Page
- Federal Contract Vehicles How to search Federal Contract Vehicles, and an annotated view of a Federal Contract Vehicle Page
- Research Incumbent Contracts How and why to search for and research incumbent contracts for possible re-bid and uncover trends
- Federal Grant Awards How to search Federal Grant Awards, and an annotated view of a Federal Grant Award Page
GovTribe aggregates lists of Federal Agencies and People (e.g., Contracting Officers, departments, and organizations.) GovTribe users research Federal Agencies and People to learn who typically offers contracts or grants of interest to them.
GovTribe also offers the ability to search through Vendors who have applied for or won Contracts with Federal Agencies. GovTribe users research vendors for competition benchmarking and to find potential partners.
- Federal Agencies How to search Federal Agencies, and an annotated view of a Federal Agency Detail Page
- Research Your Competitors How to use Vendor data to understand your competitors and identify possible teaming opportunities
Use this GovTribe feature to locate public Government Files to learn about various opportunities, vehicles, and much more.
Most files are downloadable PDFs or Word documents that can be searched for relevant information using keywords inside GovTribe.
- Government Files How to search Government Files, and an annotated view of a Government File Detail Page
GovTribe maintains detailed lists of all NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) and PSC (Product Services Code) Categories, allowing users to search and “favorite” categories that apply to them.
Once relevant categories are identified, GovTribe uses them to suggest Opportunities for your company.
- NAICS Categories How to search NAICS Categories, and an annotated view of a NAICS Category Detail Page
- Research NAICS and PSC Categories How to research NAICS and PSC Categories relevant to your business to learn valuable intelligence
GovTribe aggregates all current and past Federal Grant Programs, allowing users to search for programs of interest to them.
- Federal Grant Programs How to search Federal Grant Programs, and an annotated view of a Federal Grant Program Detail Page